Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Daddy's Song

This is the email I sent to my Daddy last night.  I'm a strong believer that we can all learn from the experiences we are all going through, and that's why I'm sharing this here...

Hi Daddy,
Your Father's Day present Part 1 is done...
A while back I believe I sent you some song lyrics.  After some more tweaking, I finally recorded a video of me singing them.  After more research I also finally figured out how to format it properly and load it to youtube.  And now it is here for you to watch.  If that didn't work try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQ_fR3XIk0&feature=youtu.be


I love you and hope you enjoy it.  I also hope you know nothing I could say or sing or write could ever really capture my feelings for you, but it doesn't mean I won't stop trying. :)
The text I included in the video description are below.  I love you, more and more every day.
Love, Eva
P.S. Part 2 of your gift is a recorded mp3 of your song.  Still working on that... :)
Description:
This is a song I wrote for my incredible Dad, who is enduring a terminal illness (and yes, those are my dogs barking in the back-sorry! :)) Even though he has been in a wheelchair for years and it's been even longer since he bought me that red balloon at the zoo, I still look up to him as my sweet, loving Daddy. I love you Daddy! Happy Father's Day!

LYRICS
I don't know why I wasted all this time
Let precious moments slip away
You're in the room but it's too soon
To say what I'm supposed to say
I can't stop the spinning of this world
So I've grown up but I'm still that little girl

That you danced with under the stars
That you held up to the moon
That you taught to brave the dark
That you bought a red balloon
And this feeling keeps coming but I can't help running
I just can't say goodbye to you
I just can't say goodbye to you

Life has surprised us, came up and sideswiped us
But you keep smiling through the pain
Don't know how you do it
Guess that's how you get through it
Wish I could always do the same
But I can't stop the spinning of this world
So time rolls on but I'm still that little girl

That you taught to drive a car
That you read The Hobbit to
That you helped buy her first guitar
When I play I think of you
And this feeling keeps coming but I can't help running
I just can't say goodbye to you
I just can't say goodbye to you

How am I supposed to let go
Just because the doctors say so
When they coudn't possibly know, no they don't understand
Daddy when I see you right there
Sitting all alone in your chair
All I still see is the man

Who I danced with under the stars
Who held me up to the moon
Who taught me to brave the dark
I will be brave now with you
Who taught me to drive a car
Who read me The Hobbit too
Who held me when boys broke my heart
I won't let it break for you
And this feeling keeps coming
But I can't help running
I just can't say goodbye to you
To you To You
Can't say goodbye to you
Won't say goodbye to you
Not after all we've been through
Not after all we've been through
Daddy I love you
So no goodbye to you
No goodbye to you

No comments: