Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Seasons Of Love



I was going through my pictures and came across the family photo session I took of us last year, whose pictures have graced our walls the past 12 months.  I can't believe it's been a whole year since this fall day.  When did my little two year-old lose the chub around his cheeks?

When did those stout, little legs grow so long?  
 When did my daughter master those monkey bars?  This last week she showed me how she could skip two at a time, but here she could barely do them.
 When did that front tooth grow back in and her hair grow so long?
 All these seasons have passed and all I can think is
 when did my coy little girl grow, grow, GROW?!
(No matter how old she gets, I hope she never loses this side of her!)
  
 And my Michael, you don't look so small anymore...
 ...but you are still just as fun!
  Through all of the playing, working, crafting, learning, scolding, hugging and sleeping, all I can ask myself is where has the time gone? 
 How do I measure everything we've accomplished and experienced?  How do we grasp the massive growth and progress we've made, no matter how painful, when we can't see the emotions measured in a ledger or on a scale?  What evidence do we have of all we've gone through?

 Going through these pictures I'm reminded of some favorite song lyrics...
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, 
measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In 
inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes -
 how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of love.
We have experienced so much this past year.  Some wonderful events and some not so easy...
 ...Whether or not I've wanted them to, my kids have kept a sense of humor through it all.  
And I am grateful for that.  It's helped me remember the love to have for life.

 They are my priceless angels...
...that keep us going... 
  
                                                             and keep us glued together.
 I'm grateful for the fun Chad can be.
 I'm grateful sometimes things go as planned...
 ...and that sometimes they don't...
 ...because that's fun too.
 And I'm thankful that even though I am months behind in editing and posting pictures, at least I have them  to look over and work on and reflect on when I have the time.
  Because the memories we make our priceless, measureless, and timeless, through all our seasons of love.
.Happy Fall!  Love, Eva









No comments: